.

.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cabin Fever

I'm sure everyone in the Northeast can say that they are SO.SICK.OF.WINTER. With the continual snow fall and below 40 degree temps, I've had enough. Christian, Michael, & I have been suffering from "cabin fever".

Now that Christian is active (constantly running and tearing the house apart, like a toddler tornado) we're finding it harder and harder to find things to do in the cold weather. I'm sure others can agree, having a toddler in the winter months is trying. The only time Christian leaves the house is to head to Grammy's, Papa's, or Nonnie & Poppie's. The poor kid cries everytime someone leaves because he wants to run out the door with them, but it's just too cold.

I've joined an online Mommy Meetup Group (courtesy of meetup.com), and they have weekly events whether it's at another person's home, or story time at the library. Unfortunately with the weather being as bad as it's been, I try to avoid driving Christian anywhere. Needless to say, we have not been attending these weekly meetups as often as I'd like.

So what's left to do? Give him a little extra time to play in the tub, chase him around the couch for the millionth time, read and let him "draw" (scribble, but he loves it & it's adorable!). When the roads aren't as bad, we head for the library (our local library has an entire floor dedicated for children with several play areas), or to do laundry at Grammy's and play with Uncle Tim.

So share you're ideas (Please, I'm begging!) to help each other get over these "Winter Blues" and cabin fever!

1 comment: