.

.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Updates

Wow. It has been a long time since I've last posted (sorry for that). Things have been a little hectic around here.

Mike and I are both working a lot. Still trying to get things in order for our place. We just signed the lease last night - so exciting! We move in July 9th. The countdown has begun - 22 days until move in!

We went to Ikea on Monday. Have I ever mentioned that I LOVE Ikea?! Driving up you feel like you're going to Disney Land. It's AH-MAZING! We pretty much bought everything for our living room while we were there: bookcase, tv stand, coffee table, end tables, dvd rack, cd rack, accent chair and then we grabbed some wine glasses. love, Love, LOVE Ikea!

Our lives have been extremely chaotic. I just recently have been hired at a childcare center (Alphabet Soup) and so I have been getting all the necessary paperwork done (BCI, TB Test, Etc.). I'm hoping to start training on Monday. I will be a substitute teacher, but hopefully by the fall they will have a more stable position for me. I'm very excited because it could potentially be the day care that Christian attends either while I'm working or when I go back to school.

Speaking of school. My schedule is set. I will be returning to Roger Williams University in the fall as a full time psychology major. I'll have class Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 9-1. Not too shabby if you ask me. My only worries (besides getting a babysitter) is that my course load will be tougher than I am anticipating.  I know that my courses will not be easy, I just hope that I can manage that while taking care of Christian and working. This year will be a test. Don't get me wrong, I have confidence, and I will finish. I am up for the challenge.

Christian is getting smarter everyday. His new thing is to scream (at the top of his lungs) to get attention. I am so.over.it. I love him to pieces, but I will not get trapped into his little game of getting whatever he wants whenever he wants it. It's neither good for him or me. I honestly think it is because he is getting more and more frustrated that he can't walk yet. If I stand him up and allow him to hold my fingers, he walks and walks. It makes me think (and scares the crap out of me) that he will be walking early.

Well, I guess that is all for now. I'll try to post more often. :)

2 comments:

  1. i love this amanda your doing alot and us mothers have our hands full lol keep doing what ur doing!! your a great mother and congrats to u and mike on ur new up comming place u sound like ur getting everything u want and so much more good luck ur little man is too cute !!!

    KEYLA

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post babe... i like reading these because it gives me an outside look on our lives and its interesting lol. i love you more than anything and appreciate everything you do!

    ReplyDelete