.

.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Michael's First Father's Day

It's amazing how quickly time goes by and to think that this time last year, we had just found out that Christian was indeed a boy. From the very beginning, I knew that Michael would be a wonderful father, but seeing it first hand has brought me to the realization that he is a better father than I could have dreamt of. Christian adores his Daddy just as much as I do and I know that Michael is in bliss when he looks at him.

In the morning, Mike went for a bike ride, while I got myself and Christian ready for the day. It was Papa's 2nd Annual Father's Day cookout so there was a lot to be done before everyone came over. After Mike showered, he received his gifts from Christian. A card along with a book with Christian's handprint & footprint in. Each year, we will add a page with Christian's handprint and eventually he will start signing his own name. It will be sweet to see how his hand grows and penmanship changes. Christian helped Daddy read his card(s).

Photobucket

Then I took Michael to get his gift from me. I bought him a grill. We're both ecstatic about moving into our own place (IN TWO WEEKS!) and he kept mentioning how nice it would be to be able to grill all summer, and now, he can. :) He is such an amazing cook, that I know he'll make the best dinners, too. So in a sense, it was a gift for both of us.

We enjoyed the day surrounded by family with drinks, games of volleyball, and lots of smiles & laughter from the little ones.

Photobucket

1 comment: