.

.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year Resolutions

Let me begin by saying that I apologize for my lack of posting! Things have been crazy this year, but I am finally getting the hang of motherhood, being a student, partner, and working.

With a new year comes a fresh start. Here are some of my new year resolutions (yes, that's plural):

1. Blog at least once a week - This will be tough with such a hectic schedule, but I feel that it is important for many reasons. Blogging will be my outlet. I feel that I can openly express myself here and reflect on my experiences. I want this blog to be a resource to other young mothers that they too can achieve whatever they wish. This should also serve as a journal, so that when my son is older, he can see just how hard his parents work and hopefully gain from my experiences.

2. Project 365 - Michael bought me a new camera for Christmas this year. I have been wanting one for quite some time, and now that I have one, I cannot resist the temptation. I have always loved photography. Project 365 will push me to take one photo a day for an entire year. I'm hoping that it will push me to really explore my passion of photography and help me grow as a person.

3. Reconnect - As a new mom, I feel the need to reach out more. I have a few friends that are having (or just recently had) children. I want to be there for them, just as others have been there for me. My goal is to set up "playdates". A time for the children to play and us mothers to reflect. Every parent needs an outlet. Whether we vent about our worries of our child not sleeping through the night, or kickin' the bottle, or simply chat about our aspirations, it's a necessity.

4. Get back to church - Michael and I used to attend church on a regular basis, but since having Christian, it's more of an occasional thing. There is no excuse. I used to say "it's tough with a baby", but hey, what isn't? If I can go to school, work, do homework, and find time to spend with Michael and Christian, we can most definitely make it to church once a week. I am hoping that beginning next Sunday, we can try out a new church and become a regular member.

With that being said, you can expect to hear from me more often. I hope that everyone had a happy and safe holiday season. Feel free to share your Resolutions. I am sure we can all use a little inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing blog. This should and will be an inspirational blog to many... including me. Thanks Babe and keep up the nice blogging. I love you. ;)

    ReplyDelete