.

.

Monday, May 17, 2010

FOMO

FOMO = Fear Of Missing Out. Christian has it, big time! No matter where we are, if something else is going on,  he's all over it. It is nearly impossible to get him to nap even if he is overly exhausted. He doesn't want to miss a thing, which can be both a good thing and a bad thing.

In relation to this, I'd like to share a text that Christian's Great Grandmother (aka Mama II) sent me the other day. It really made me smile. She wrote, "You know (one of the many things) I love about Christian? When he's in a crowd, it's not just about him. It's about everything that's going on around him. Huge sign of intelligence. He is destined for great things!"

I always noticed Christian's FOMO, but her text brought me to the realization that it is a great quality. I don't think I will have any trouble when it comes time to send him to daycare or a sitter. Of course I will miss him like crazy, but he has such a personality that he will "chat" (coo & roar) with anyone. It's scary/sad to say, but my little munchkin is growing up so fast, already. 

2 comments:

  1. I love that!!! Makes me feel a whole lot better too! That is such a great point! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie he is...so inquisitive like his dad! LOL...you have a great boy who IS destined for great things!
    Love you both!

    ReplyDelete