.

.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Random Updates

Seems as if I have been neglecting this poor blog. There has just been a lot going on. So don't mind the randomness, I just want to update on all areas.

Friday I received two sets of good news. The first being that Mike and I got approved for an apartment in Winchester Park. We will be moving in on July 9th - so exciting! We will have a place to call our own.

Secondly, I had a job interview and got the job! I will be an on-call/substitute teacher at Alphabet Soup Day Care. Although it isn't a set schedule, I am happy with the arrangements and am hoping for a more permanent position by the fall.

On Thursday night we began operation deswaddle. We didn't really start to swaddle Christian until he began moving and crawling (just so he would get some sleep), but now it is time to break the habit. Babies make associations between 6 and 9 months of age and we fear that if we don't kick the habit now, he will begin to associate swaddling with sleep and will think that he cannot sleep unless swaddled. So far we are going backwards, but I know that it will  get better.

Saturday was The 4th Annual Race for Grace. Grace looked great. It was a large turnout (as usual). Mike, Christian and I met up with Mike's mother, stepfather, brother & niece. It was a beautiful day to be together and support such a wonderful cause. Christian did great. He slept for the entire 3.2 mile stroll. It took us an hour and 15 minutes to complete. Mike however, finished in 30 minutes running.

Yesterday was wonderful though. Especially since neither Mike or I had to work. We attended the race and had no worries about rushing anywhere for the rest of the day. It was nice and relaxing.

Overall it has been a great holiday weekend thus far. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment