.

.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My 1st Mother's Day

My first Mother's Day was spectacular. It was better than I had ever imagined, Mike made sure of that.

Photobucket

The night before Mother's Day, Mike insisted that he would get up with Christian in the middle of the night, which was a gift in and of itself. I had worked that night, so I knew I would be tired. 

In the morning, Mike got up with Christian while I showered and got ready for the day. As I was getting ready, he brought me a dozen beautiful roses along with two cards, one from himself and one from Christian. I LOVE reading his cards. He always writes the best messages that get me all teary eyed. 

Next he brought me my first gift. It was a tote purse/diaper bag that I had wanted. It is amazing! He ordered from a website called Gilt Group. That was more than enough of a gift. But he said he had two more surprises. Now I knew he had been working on something for me the night before, but I wasn't sure what.

He brought in two collages. One was a small one with the message "The First 6 Months of the Rest of Our Lives". And the second was a collage that he made spelling the word "love". It was amazing. He had put so much time and effort into it and I couldn't have been happier with my gifts. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mike then told me that he would like to make two more, together this time. One to say "live" and the other "laugh". I got lucky with such a sentimental sweet heart. :) 

After Mike gave me all of my gifts, we headed to brunch with his Grandmother, Father, Uncle, Brother, Sister, and Niece. We went to The Cheesecake Factory - yum! And Christian sat in the restaurant highchair for the first time. Later we spent some time with my mom for dinner and dessert before calling it a night.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was definitely the best Mother's Day I could have asked for and more!

1 comment:

  1. Amanda that was the best thing i ever read! I can't believe Mike did all that for you! I knew he was thoughtful but goes above and beyond! I am so glad you had a great 1st Mother's Day cause you certinaly deserved it!!! Enjoy each day! So so precious!!!! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete