.

.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Christian Joseph

Just thought I would share a little about my pregnancy and the birth of my beautiful son, Christian.

Mike and I found out that I was pregnant on March 23rd, 2009. Immediately we had some scares. I ended up hospitalized at 8 weeks pregnant for dehydration. The good that came of this was our first ultrasound and hearing our little "bean's" heartbeat.

I suffered severe morning sickness for the first 13 weeks or so of pregnancy. I was still living in my dorm at school and taking classes. I remember vividly leaning over the "porcelain God" one morning before an exam. Let's just say having morning sickness and waking your floor mates was not a fun experience.

Shortly after finishing my second semester at RWU, I fell down the stairs at home. It wasn't hard and only two or three steps, but it was definitely enough to scare me. Mike and I called the doctor and thankfully everything was alright. At about 25 weeks, I fell again. This time at work. I remember crying for hours because I felt like a horrible person. I thought for sure I had hurt my unborn child.

Then the worst scare happened. We got into a car accident two days before our baby shower. I was 32 weeks pregnant and we had been rear-ended. I don't think I have ever been so scared in my life. After spending the night in the hospital, we had a beautiful shower with family and friends.

I did a lot of walking and working throughout my pregnancy. Including walking around Niagara Falls. It was my and Mike's last trip before the baby came.

Christian Joseph Mollis arrived 6 days early at 7:50 PM. It was a short labor, but hard non the less. He is the greatest gift I could ever receive. It is because of him that I realize how much a mother loves her child. Christian has been a blessing in our lives and continues to be every day.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said, Amanda! I love reading your blogs...you are an amazing young woman...and an amazing mother...beautiful pic of my grandson too btw!!! LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete