.

.

Friday, May 14, 2010

A Tribute To Mothers








I wanted to begin today's post with a few quotes that I have found to be true to the core.

"A mother's love is the fuel that enables a child to do the impossible." - Church Billboard

"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts." - Washington Irving

My Mother:

Until I had Christian, I never truly understood the love that a mother has for her child. I always knew that my mother loved me with all of her heart, but now I feel it, too.

My mother has always been my best friend, support system, counselor, mediator, taxi, caretaker, the shoulder I cry on, the person I share laughs with, one I go to for advice, and more.

She is the most amazing woman I know. I never really knew just how much she did until I became a mother myself.  Difference is, she did it alone, working, and with three children under the age of four. My appreciation for her goes to the moon and back.  I realize now, that I would be lost without her.

I love you, Mom!

To all the other Mother's & Mother's to Be:

Remind yourself everyday, that you are an amazing Mother; that you can do this! On those days that you feel at a loss and are unsure if you will make it through, look at your child. His/her eyes will reassure you that you are doing it right. You are the best mom you can be! I will share with you two little secrets that I have come to raise Christian by: Mother Knows Best (always) and do "Whatever Works".

No comments:

Post a Comment