.

.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Welcome

Welcome to my crazy, unconventional life as a young mother. I have put this off long enough. It is time that I share with others my struggles with judgement, acceptance, trials, tribulations, worry, and joy.

Ever since I was a little girl, I imagined what my life would be like: graduate high school and go on to college where I would find the love of my life, graduate college, get married, buy a home, and start a family. I still have all of these dreams, I have just chosen to achieve them in a different order.

Michael and I met at the end of my junior year of high school. I was seventeen and he was the mysterious 21 year old that I had always heard stories about. We met at a benefit dinner for a mutual friend who had been diagnosed with cancer. Little did we know what a simple hello would turn into. Over the next three years we would face devastating news along with newborn bliss. We had begun the rest of our lives together.

No comments:

Post a Comment